I’m back into playing Tribal Wars (TW) again, this time it’s Tribal Wars 2 (TW2). It’s been going for about 5 months now. All started when I got this promotional e-mail from Innogames announcing their fancy new version. Of course, I waited a few months for the initial bugs to be ironed out, or actually I forgot about it.
Personally, I think the average proficiency of TW2 players are much lower compared to TW1 players. Barb-noblers are everywhere! It’s come to a point in which I’m deciding whether to bypass an entire province (like a church zone in TW1) because every single barb is taken. Overall, the game is buggy, slow and requires constant refreshing. For some reason, it needs lots of processing power which makes my laptop fan runs wild every session.
In TW2, there are no official simulators. I use TWCalc. The icons used to be coherent with TW2’s official unit icons, now it’s some random ones. Anyhow, it’s not very accurate, only gives a rough estimate. But it’s better than nothing. To speed up the process of having to enter units manually into the simulator and switching tabs to verify that the units are correct, I made a tiny Chrome extension to do this for me. And I checked with the TW2 support team, it’s not a breach of rule to do so! Thumbs up for the dev team for using a template for their HTML file, making the report so much easier to extract.
Here you go: TW2 Quick Sim. Behind the scene, it extracts the units from the top-right unit bar and extract the units from the scouting report; then opens up a TW2Calc website and inject this data into it. It ignores morality, luck and church – you can’t get these data from a spy (scout) report. Works like a treat!